Crispy, tender pieces of fish, crunchy cabbage slaw, and zesty lime crema folded into a warm corn tortilla — these are the ultimate fish tacos for Taco Tuesday or any day of the week!
Every Friday, there’s a popular food truck that stops outside of my office building with long lines of people waiting patiently for their tacos. Last week, I finally decided to give it a try and ordered their baja fish tacos which was highly recommended. It was so delicious I want everyone to be able to experience it, and so today I am sharing my take on Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Lime Crema. It is fresh, delicious, and makes a well-balanced weeknight meal!
I have been dreaming of this dish from the moment I first made it. This recipe has the perfect combination of spicy, crispy white fish, crunchy slaw and creamy lime drizzle on top. These fish tacos are perfect for weeknight dinner not only because they taste amazing, but also because of how easy they are, and the fact that you can prepare so much of it ahead of time.
There are three essential components to these tacos. For the slaw, I combined shredded red and green cabbage with a simple dressing made with cider vinegar (or white vinegar), sugar, and salt. I also made a zesty lime crema to add a nice, tangy creaminess.
As for the fish, I used Gorton’s new Flavor Fusions which comes with two cod fillets lightly coated with breadcrumbs and two seasoning packets for you to customize your own delicious blend. The best part is that you can use them alone, or pair them together, which is what I did. I combined Classic Fajita with Kickin’ Hot Garlic Lime to create a rich, crispy coating loaded with flavor and just a little bit of heat!
You can get really creative with these seasonings. I’m excited to create Asian flavor inspired fish tacos next time with Asian Soy Ginger and Orange Sesame Flavor Fusions, and perhaps pairing it with sesame ginger slaw and sriracha crema! For more great seafood recipes, be sure to follow Gorton’s on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram!
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of one lime
- Salt, to taste
- 3 tbsps cider vinegar
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced,
- 3 cups red or green cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 8.5oz boxes of Gorton's Flavor Fusions Cod Fillets
- 10-12 warmed corn tortillas, for serving
- Avocado slices, for serving
- To make lime crema, whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl and season to taste with salt. Set aside.
- To make cabbage slaw, whisk together cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and garlic in a large bowl. Add cabbage, cilantro, and green onions, and toss all ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook cod fillets according to package instructions, seasoning with Classic Fajita and Kickin' Hot Garlic Lime seasoning as desired.
- Serve cooked fish in warmed tortillas with cabbage slaw, avocado, and crema.
This post is sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting this blog!