This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReimagineYourCereal #CollectiveBias
Vanilla ice cream topped with graham cracker pieces, toasted marshmallows, chocolate Rice Krispies crunch topping and hot fudge make this one of the easiest s’mores treats to make.
Ask any kid what the best summer dessert is, and you will typically get responses of ice cream or s’mores. So why not switch things up and combine them into one? With warm weather quickly approaching, I want to share an easy tutorial to transform cereal in a new, creative and fun way.
These S’mores Rice Krispies Ice Cream Sundaes are rich, decadent and completely over the top in the best kind of way. I’m pretty sure they’ll quickly become your go-to dessert for entertaining. With s’mores in ice cream sundae form, you don’t need a campfire and can enjoy this any time of the year.
To make these sundaes, you need to first make the chocolate Rice Krispies crunch toppings. It’s super easy and you can store it in the fridge for a few weeks. I start with semisweet chocolate chips melted over a double boiler or in a microwave. Feel free to substitute with milk chocolate or dark chocolate if that’s what you prefer.
Next, mix in Kellogg’s Rice Krispies 18oz and stir until well coated.
Finally, spread the mixture evenly in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let it chill until the chocolate is set. Once hardened, you can break them up into pieces – big or small chunks – it’s your preference.
The chocolate crunch really takes this sundae to a whole new level of deliciousness, and I think it’s safe to say that kids and adults alike will love it!
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 4 graham cracker squares, broken into small pieces
- ½ cup hot chocolate fudge
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir in Rice Krispies until well coated. Spread mixture evenly on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Let cool and once set, break into chunks.
- To toast marshmallows, turn broiler on high and move the rack to its highest position. Spread the marshmallows into a single layer on a cookie sheet and broil the marshmallows for 30 seconds to 1 minutes until browned. Set aside.
- Place ice cream scoops in the bottom of a sundae bowl. Sprinkle in a layer of graham cracker crumbs, hot fudge sauce and marshmallows. Garnish with Rice Krispies topping.
- Enjoy immediately.
The large sized Rice Krispies as well as other Kellogg’s cereals can be found at Target, now at a price of $2.99 both in-store and online at Target.com. For more great Kellogg’s cereal inspiration, check out the social hub here!