This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SplashofDelight #CollectiveBias
These muffins are a combination of homemade banana bread and coffee cake with moist, tender crumbs, and topped with delicious, buttery, brown sugar streusel.
It’s Tuesday and I’ve baked you guys some muffins! Although I would say I love almost any kind of muffin, there is something just so comforting about a batch of homemade banana muffins fresh from the oven. They’re great for pairing with your morning cup of joe, or simply as a grab and go breakfast.
While these muffins taste like moist, tender banana bread, they’re topped with a brown sugar streusel mixture baked into a crunchy, crumbly topping reminiscent of coffee cake. It’s just so delicious and it makes them stand apart from the ordinary. I seriously want to put this crumb topping on everything!
Let’s talk about how easy it is to make them. The batter takes all of about five minutes to mix together, and the muffins are baked in twenty minutes (a loaf of banana bread takes almost an hour of baking time). Part of the sweetness in the muffins comes from the bananas, so make sure you use the super ripe ones.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsps unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 3 large ripe bananas
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup International Delight® Caramel Macchiato creamer
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil or melted unsalted butter
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line muffins tins with paper cups or coat with cooking spray.
- To make the streusel topping, combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl and cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork and beat in brown sugar, egg, creamer, and oil.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just incorporated. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about halfway and sprinkle crumb toppings evenly over batter. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before serving warm or at room temperature.
To keep these Banana Bread Streusel Muffins moist and flavorful, I used International Delight® Caramel Macchiato creamer available at Walmart in the new half gallon bottle. It’s definitely easier to hold and pour, and it makes both a delicious addition to your morning cup of coffee and as a recipe ingredient.
While you’re there, you may want to pick up the International Delight® French Vanilla too — add a splash of this to your cold brew or iced coffee and top it with whipped cream for a delicious take on a quick iced vanilla latte. Talk about a delicious way to start the day!