This shop is compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SandwichWithTheBest #CollectiveBias
These pesto egg salad sandwiches are a fun and delicious take on green eggs and ham.
Can you believe spring is here already? I can already feel it! Today I went outside for a walk and for the first time in months I didn’t need to wear a thick down jacket. This is one of my favorite times of the year especially in the kitchen, when we switch from heavy dishes likes stews and casseroles to dishes filled with bright, fresh ingredients. Here’s a spring inspired sandwich idea I came up with: Green Eggs and Ham Sandwich!
Who doesn’t like the idea of eating green eggs and ham? It’s such a whimsical concept for kids and adults alike, yet it can be delicious and nutritious too.
I’ve been wanting to experiment with egg salad for a while. Not sure why, it’s not something I usually crave, and I definitely don’t eat it that often. But I just couldn’t stop thinking about egg salad lately. I had some basil pesto that needed to be used up soon, so I decided to put a twist on regular egg salad by adding a spoonful of that fresh, vibrant pesto to turn the eggs green.
To make these sandwiches, I combined pesto with Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise. I love how it’s made with real, simple ingredients: oil, vinegar, and cage-free eggs. I also picked up some Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ bread and Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham from Walmart to complete my Green Eggs and Ham Sandwich. Pepperidge Farm® bread is the key component to making a delicious sandwich – it’s hearty, flavorful, and wholesome, not to mention it’s double-wrapped for freshness. And of course, the Hillshire Farm® Honey Ham adds a touch of sweetness with a slow roasted taste.
Hope you get to try these sandwiches soon. They’re loaded with flavorful, nutritious ingredients – the perfect lunch for your family this spring!
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 tbsps Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 slices Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham
- 4 slices Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ bread, toasted
- Optional: lettuce or sliced tomatoes for the sandwich
- In a bowl, whisk together basil pesto and mayonnaise. Fold in chopped eggs, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place ham slices over one slice of bread, top with lettuce and tomatoes, then egg salad and another slice of bread.