Loaded with scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, peppers, and melted cheese, these delicious breakfast taquitos are ready in no time!
I recently tried making taquitos at home (baked and not fried!) and then an idea came to me: Breakfast Taquitos! The result was so delicious and satisfying, and a great way to get a balanced breakfast. Your family will love these savory sausage, scrambled eggs, and melted cheese wrapped in a crispy corn tortilla.
These taquitos make a wholesome make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings, and are also perfect to have on hand for kids to quickly reheat for breakfast before school or a yummy after school snack.
And they’re so incredibly easy to make too. Just cook until the sausages are browned (add some peppers if you want to incorporate vegetables), scramble some eggs, add your favorite cheese, and then roll them up in a corn tortilla.
One of the best things about this recipe is remembering you’ve got a few of them tucked away in the fridge. If you want to freeze them, build them right up until the baking point and then freeze individually on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. To reheat, just bake them in the oven directly from the freezer, and you’ve got a flavorful, portable, grab-and-go breakfast that will make your day a little brighter.
I used JENNIE-O All Natural Turkey Sausage in these yummy breakfast taquitos. I love how the sausage is made with lean turkey and contains less fat than regular pork sausage, yet packed with tons of flavor. Needless to say, everyone who tried these taquitos gave them five stars!
My favorite way to enjoy them is to dip in salsa verde. Who can resist these for breakfast, am I right?
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz JENNIE-O All Natural Turkey Sausage
- 1 cup bell peppers, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 large eggs, scrambled
- ½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 12 6-inch corn or flour tortillas
- Salsa, lime wedges and cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook sausage until browned and crumbled. Add peppers and cook for a few minutes until softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste and let cool slightly.
- Divide scrambled eggs and sausage mixture among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Roll up and place taquitos seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Be sure to stay connected with Jennie-O on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for more simple and delicious make-ahead breakfast recipes.
This post is sponsored by Jennie O as part of the Switch Circle program. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this blog!