Creamy, flavorful French Onion Dip made from scratch!
My family and I love watching basketball together, and so we are getting excited about all the big games that will be starting soon. The game is fast paced and unpredictable, and we love to see upsets and surprises. What I love even MORE is hosting a game day party and getting together to watch our favorite teams play!
I love creating several appetizers and snacks for big game day parties instead of one big meal. This makes for great palate pleasing variety and plenty of food to last a few hours while we cheer on our favorite team. For this party, I featured creamy French Onion Dip paired with Frontera wine which is perfect to serve at sports viewing parties or pair with game day recipes. It’s great on its own too, so make every moment tasty with Frontera wine!
This dip starts off with caramelized onions which is the only part that takes a bit of time but is what makes it so delicious, flavorful, and decadent. Serve with chips, crackers, or veggies for a savory, satisfying homemade dip option while watching the game at home, tailgating, and everywhere in between.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in olive oil until they become caramelized to golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine sour cream, Greek yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, fresh chives, and caramelized onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate the dip for at least 2 hours before serving.
From tip off to the exciting end, your game day party is sure to be a success with this crowd pleasing French Onion Dip.
What’s YOUR favorite game day party food? Be sure to showcase how you celebrate your favorite team on game day for a chance to win a HD flat screen TV!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.