This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
Flaky, buttery cream scones loaded with fresh strawberries and topped with a sweet vanilla glaze – a delicious treat to serve with tea!
I don’t know about you, but the fact that I love tea influences a lot of my recipes. I come up with sweet and savory recipes that would pair well with tea, and this time I ended with these scones!
These Strawberry and Cream Scones are the perfect little slice to go along with your tea. I think out of all the scones that I’ve made, these are probably one of my favorites. They are buttery, flaky and just bursting with fresh strawberry flavor. Since the scones are not super sweet by themselves, I like to add a drizzle of vanilla glaze on top. You could also serve with a little strawberry jam to up the sweetness factor.
Now, don’t these make you want to pour yourself a hot cup of tea, sit down with one of these delicious scones and have some relaxing time for yourself?
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour, more for dusting
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsps heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsps heavy cream
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add butter and work it into the mixture with two forks or a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add egg, milk, and heavy cream into the mixture and mix until just moistened. Fold in strawberries with a spatula.
- Turn dough over onto a floured surface and shape into a round 8 inch ball. Cut the dough into 8 triangles, and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze by whisking together heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cooled scones and serve when the glaze is set.
One of my favorite part of enjoying these Strawberry and Cream Scones is having them alongside a cup of Bigelow Green Tea. It has been an excellent afternoon pick me up with just a little bit of caffeine to help me get through the rest of the day. I usually hit a slump right around 3pm, what about you?
Bigelow Tea is a family owned company with all of their tea manufactured in the US and foil packed for freshness. Since they only use the highest quality ingredients, you know you can Tea Proudly when you’re drinking Bigelow! You can find Bigelow Tea at your local Walmart in the tea and coffee aisle. The hardest decision will be to pick out which flavor you would like to try.