This blog post has been compensated by Borden® Cheese. All opinions are mine alone. #BordenCheeseLove #CollectiveBias #Ad
A new twist on a classic! You’re going to love these tender, flavorful Double Cheeseburger Meatballs with ooey, gooey cheese centers and more cheese melted on top.
Burger night has always been a favorite of ours! Sometimes we go for simple toppings like avocado, cheese, and tomato slices, and sometimes we jazz up our burgers with caramelized onions and crumbled blue cheese. This week, I had a craving for cheeseburgers but didn’t want to fire up the grill to cook the patties, so I was inspired to make these fun, one-bite burger meatballs!
I always appreciate a quick and delicious meal, especially one that’s easy to make and ready to serve in just 30 minutes. The best part is when you bite into these burgers and are surprised by the ooey, gooey melted cheese in the center. It’s SO good.
Making these meatballs couldn’t be easier. Instead of frying them in the pan, you bake them in the oven, and in under a half hour, you’ve got a pan full of these delicious, tender meatballs loaded with cheese!
There are lots of options on how you can use these delicious meatballs. You can serve them with a side of sweet potato fries and mini slider buns. If you want these to be appetizers instead of main dish, you can serve them the way we did here on toothpicks with halved grape tomatoes and pickles. You can even put together a burger bar with lots of toppings to choose from, so everyone can make their own mini burgers.
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ lbs lean ground beef (or turkey)
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds
- Topping options: cheese slices, pickles, tomatoes, ketchup, avocado
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Add beef, breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and mix together just until combined (don't overwork).
- Divide and shape mixture into two-inch meatballs, then place about a teaspoon of Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds into center of each ball, making sure to cover cheese completely. Place onto prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
I used Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds for the ooey, gooey melted cheese center. For a Tex Mex flair, you can add some taco seasoning to the meatball mixture and use Borden® Cheese Four Cheese Mexican Shreds. I found both of these Borden® Cheese products at Target, but check out this store locator to find Borden® Cheese near you.
These meatballs will definitely be a regular around here. I hope you get to make them soon, transforming food with the love from Borden® Cheese. No matter how you eat them, they’re sure to become a family favorite!