This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions mine alone. #HolidayRITZ #CollectiveBias
These flavorful Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Salsa Bites are perfect holiday appetizers!
The countdown has begun and there are only a few more weeks until Christmas. Since Thanksgiving, I have been trying to get everything in order, but it’s such a hectic time of the year I bet you’re feeling the same. Once we get into December, the time just flies by. That’s why I am relying on easy recipes to get me through this holiday, including these delicious Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Salsa Bites.
Impress your family and friends with these simple to make cracker bites, topped with creamy avocado salsa and smoky, spicy shrimp. They’re a flavor bomb in one bite — the perfect savory appetizers to serve at your upcoming holiday party!
Start by tossing the shrimp with chipotle chili powder, cumin, and paprika then cooking in a little bit of olive oil. Combine avocado, tomatoes, and shallots with cilantro and lime juice.
To assemble, layer a spoonful of avocado salsa on cracker and top with shrimp. Just put them on tray and watch them disappear!
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- Place the shrimp in a large mixing bowl, then sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, diced tomatoes, shallots, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble, place crackers on a serving platter. Spoon approximately half tablespoon of avocado salsa onto each cracker and place a shrimp on top. Serve immediately.
I love to eat RITZ Crackers on their own, sometimes with a smear of peanut butter or cream cheese. But they’re far more versatile than that so I like to get creative and make different appetizers with them when entertaining.
You can pick up all of the ingredients in this recipe at your local Walmart. Be sure to grab this Ibotta offer!
What are some of you favorite holiday recipes?