This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
Celebrate this holiday season with M&M’S® Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle – a sweet treat your family and friends will love!
It’s time for some holiday baking! This time of the year I’m usually busy in the kitchen baking up a storm for office holiday parties and bake offs, and cookie exchanges with family and friends. Cranberry macadamia nut cookies and chocolate almond biscotti are cookies I always make, but this year I want to try adding something outside the box to my cookie platter. The results were these brownie brittle! It’s a delicious combination of loaded M&M’S® chocolate chip brownies and crispy brownie edges – the best of both worlds in my opinion.
Some people love thick, fudgy brownies, and some like the thin, crispy type. If you’re in the latter group, then these brittle are for you. Whoever invented brownie brittle had the right idea in mind!
These brownie brittle are so easy to make and super addictive. They would make awesome gifts for your family, friends, and neighbors and definitely a special addition to your cookie exchange. Sweet treats are two gifts in one – you get BOTH the gift of family time when you’re baking together and the gift of sweet treat when you’re sharing with others.
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup CRISCO® Cooking Oil
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup M&M’S® Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg, water, and cooking oil. Add brownie mix and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter onto prepared baking sheets and spread evenly with an offset spatula into a thin layer. Sprinkle chocolate chips and M&M’S® Minis over batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until centers are set. Cool completely before breaking into smaller pieces.
To make sure you get perfect results every time, I highly recommend that you use a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the batter into a thin layer and evenly with an offset spatula. The thicker the batter is, the longer it takes for it to crisp up.
I topped mine with dark chocolate chips and M&M’S® Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits which are so much fun, but you can feel free to add your favorite toppings. Pretzel pieces, marshmallows, walnuts, or M&M’S® in festive holiday colors would be great too.
Paired with a glass of cold milk… now that’s my idea of a perfect holiday sweet treat!
For this recipe, I used Pillsbury™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix which made it so quick and easy to whip up these delicious treats. You can find the Pillsbury™ and M&M’S® products at the baking aisle of your local Walmart along with Great Value® low fat milk and other holiday baking essentials.
What are you baking up this holiday season?