This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebrateWithCoffee #CollectiveBias
Make these Coffee Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins that are perfect for sharing with guests or enjoying yourself this holiday season!
Happy Monday – hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! This is my favorite time of the year by far because everything just feels really festive. It also seems to go by fast so I try to make an extra effort to enjoy every minute of it. Christmas window displays and decorations, cozy blankets, holiday-themed movies, warm coffee, freshly baked treats…these are all things that make me feel warm, cozy, and comforting.
All this coffee drinking got me to thinking about how I could enjoy it through the holiday season when guests are coming over. Every now and then, I make my coffee time special with a delicious slice of cake or cookies or any kind of baked goods to be honest. And you know how else I love to have coffee? In my muffins! The results were these Coffee Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins with a kick of coffee flavor in the muffin batter itself – yes, you can have your coffee and eat it too.
These muffins are moist and tender, with a soft crumb and coffee flavor that smells amazing. Old-fashioned oats add a nice texture to the muffins, and because coffee and chocolate are a perfect pairing in my opinion, I tossed in some chocolate chips for good measure. They’re meant to be shared with your friends and family at your breakfast table or with coffee this holiday season. And they make great hostess gifts tucked into holiday baskets too!
These muffins were inspired by fresh Dunkin’ Donuts® coffee made from the Original Blend K-Cups which gives it a delightfully strong coffee flavor. I’m also loving the Dunkin’ Donuts® Bakery Series Chocolate Glazed Donut coffee. The smell is so good and paired with Dunkin Donuts® Original Creamer, it makes a tasty cup of coffee. It’s such a fun, festive way to start the morning and warm you up with cozy feelings on all the wintry days to come.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, more for sprinkling on top
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Dunkin' Donuts® Original Blend K-Cup brewed coffee, at room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease twelve muffin cups or line with paper baking cups
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, brewed coffee, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full and sprinkle oats on top. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove and serve warm.
You can find these products at your local Target store along with your holiday needs and everyday essentials. Be sure to grab these Target Cartwheel offers to save on a variety of coffee creamers or save 5% on Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee.
Plus check out here for more recipes and holidays inspirations for making your morning mug extra special. How do you like to enjoy your coffee?