This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyPastaTime #CollectiveBias
Garlic Parmesan Kale Pasta is a quick, easy, and wholesome pasta dish perfect for your next holiday party or potluck dinner.
Today I’m back with another Meatless Monday recipe, and this one is a really simple and delicious dish you can easily whip up for your family and dinner guests in under 20 minutes – Garlic Parmesan Kale Pasta! With only a handful of ingredients and steps, this vegetarian dish comes together quickly making it perfect for weeknight meals, yet elegant enough for holiday dinner parties. Basically you boil the pasta, cook the kale with garlic, onions, and red pepper flakes, then toss everything together – pasta, cheese, and kale. And then dinner is served!
When the temperatures start to drop, I love pairing whole grain pasta with hearty greens like kale for dinner — this is the type of satisfying, nourishing, and comforting meal you want to dig into on cold evenings. It’s also a great side dish to bring to a holiday potluck, since it incorporates both vegetables and pasta, and is versatile enough to pair with meat dishes like ham and turkey. If you prefer a meat option, feel free to incorporate some crumbled Italian sausages or cooked shrimp. I’m sure it would be quite tasty too. Another great thing about this dish is that you can toss in additional veggies you have on hand. Mushrooms and red bell peppers would be great here.
I added a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes, but I wouldn’t even say this was super spicy though. If you don’t like a lot of heat, just feel free to scale back the amount of red pepper flakes to your liking.
- 8 oz Barilla Whole Grain spaghetti
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and cook onions until they are softened. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Add kale and 2 tablespoons water, and saute until it wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and cooked pasta to the skillet and stir to coat well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm garnished with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
For this recipe I used Barilla® Whole Grain spaghetti which is made with 100% whole wheat and has the same great taste! Barilla pasta provides the balanced nutrition families need as part of a healthy, delicious lifestyle, and there are so many different varieties like Protein Plus, Gluten Free, and White Fiber you can choose from to suit your diet. You can find Barilla pasta varieties at Target – be sure to grab this Cartwheel offer for 20% off Barilla Pronto Pasta (offer expires Nov 26).