This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Seafood Nutrition Partnership. All opinions are 100% mine.
Crispy quesadillas filled with spicy, smoky chipotle shrimp, roasted sweet peppers, and melted cheese!
I’m back again with Seafood Nutrition Partnership to bring you another delicious seafood dish in celebration of National Seafood Month! My family loves seafood so it’s never a problem getting in the two recommended servings per week, but if you are starting to introduce more seafood into your family’s weekly meal plan, you can always try incorporating it into their favorite recipes like this one – Chipotle Shrimp and Roasted Pepper Quesadillas!
Quesadillas are one of my go-to quick weeknight dinner options. This quesadilla is packed full of spicy, smoky chipotle shrimp and roasted sweet peppers tucked between crispy flour tortillas. And it’s loaded with cheese. Who doesn’t love cheese?!
Another thing I love about the recipe is how easy the quesadillas come together with just five ingredients. Many people associate seafood with dinner entrees, but you can try incorporating it into lunches and even appetizers or party snacks.
- 12oz cooked shrimp, diced
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 chipotle peppers (in adobo sauce), minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 10” flour or whole wheat tortillas
- 1⅓ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (or a mix of sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheese)
- Optional garnish: lime wedges, chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, roasted red peppers, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- In a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat tortilla over medium heat. Place ¼ of the shrimp mixture on one half of tortilla, top with ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, and fold tortilla over.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until tortilla turns golden brown; flip and cook the other side until browned and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
There’s no better way to celebrate National Seafood Month than taking Seafood Nutrition Partnership’s Healthy Heart Pledge to help improve your overall health and potentially reduce risks of heart disease by eating seafood at least twice per week. Adding seafood into your diet provides a variety of health benefits. In fact, seafood is high in healthy fats known as omega-3s, which are essential for heart health and brain health. Omega-3 supplements are also a great way to get the health benefits of eating seafood.
Also, don’t miss the Seafood Nutrition Partnership 2016 Recipe Sweepstakes that is happening between now until October 21st. A total of ten winners will be selected randomly selected in accordance with the Sweepstakes Schedule to win a $250 gift card and you can submit one entry per day on Twitter or Instagram with #SNPSweepstakes and #HealthyHeartPledge. Winners will be announced at SNPSweepstakes.com and on Instagram and Twitter.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends on 10/21/16. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 and older. For Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions, visit [SNPsweepstakes.com]. Void where prohibited.