Creamy homemade hummus flavored with roasted red pepper!
Have you ever made hummus at home? I love making my own because I can always adjust the flavors and consistency. Once you try it, it’s really hard to go back to the storebought stuff!
Roasted red pepper hummus is always a crowd pleaser and so easy to make too! Just throw everything into a blender or food processor and then let it run until the mixture is smooth. You can make your own roasted red peppers, the jarred peppers work just as great!
- ¾ cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve cold or at room temperature with toasted pita or fresh vegetables.