Sun dried tomatoes and basil pesto help create an updated version of an old-time favorite. Get ready to sink your teeth into this one!
I have been sharing a few back to school meals lately as we can probably relate how hectic things can be this time of the year. Sometimes life gets a little crazy and finding the time and the inspiration to prepare meals at home becomes very challenging. Enter Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil Pesto Tuna Melt. It’s quick and simple, yet filled with incredible flavor you’ll want to make it all the time. I love this new creation so much I made it for lunch three days in a row!
In this updated version of the classic tuna melt, I go light on the dressing using Greek yogurt which still gives the same creaminess as mayo and helps bind the rest of the ingredients together. I also add in chopped sun dried tomatoes for texture and basil pesto for a touch of freshness – these flavors just complement the albacore tuna really well.
This is a very easy week night meal to make as it takes hardly any time to prep and only a couple of minutes under the broiler, which means lunch or dinner can essentially be served in under 30 minutes!
- 1 5oz can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna, drained
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsps Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp storebought or homemade basil pesto
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tuna, sun dried tomatoes, Greek yogurt, basil pesto, and lemon juice and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide tuna mixture among bread slices and top each with a slice of provolone. Place on baking sheet and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
For this recipe I used Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore in water which is the perfect ingredient to enhance almost any recipe. Plus, it adds a variety of nutrients including lean protein, healthy fat and important vitamins and minerals. For full nutritional facts and more delicious recipes, visit their website and discover why Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™.
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy tuna? I’d love to hear your ideas.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.