This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #Swapyourburger #CollectiveBias
Greek pita burgers with creamy, cool, and refreshing cucumber yogurt sauce makes for a delicious lightened up meal!
Anyone else love burgers as much as I do? I’ve shared quite a few burger recipes on here (even in salad form) and because there are so many ways to customize a burger I can just eat it every day. Lately I’m on a mission to eat a little healthier, so I’m sharing one of my current favorite meals to make – Greek Pita Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce!
Tzatziki is a Greek dip made with thick strained yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, and fresh dill. It’s so delicious I like to make a little extra and eat it as a snack with pita chips or fresh vegetables. You can also serve it as a sauce with grilled chicken, lamb chops, or in gyros.
- 1 small seedless cucumber, shredded
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Trident Seafoods® Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers
- 4 8-inch pita breads
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- To make the tzatziki sauce, place shredded cucumber in clean dish towel or cheesecloth and squeeze to remove any excess liquid.
- Combine with remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- To make the burgers, prepare the burgers according to package directions.
- Assemble by placing cucumber slices, tomatoes, and cooked burger on pita bread topped with tzatziki sauce and crumbled feta cheese. Fold over and serve immediately.
Burger patties are essential part of this recipe, so I turned to Trident Seafoods® Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers to help me put together this well-balanced meal full of protein and classic Greek flavors! These burgers are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional beef burgers, with less fat, calories, and cholesterol. They are naturally packed with healthy Omega-3s, and are quick, versatile, and easy to prepare.
You can find them in the freezer section of your local Costco. Be sure to enter this #Swapyourburger contest to win some great prizes!