These oven baked buffalo wings are the perfect appetizer or party snack food!
I’m a big buffalo wings fan – the deep-fried kind – who wouldn’t go crazy over those right? They’re not exactly the healthiest of foods, so I needed to come up with a lightened up way to enjoy them. Now these may be a bit different from your average wings because they are baked and not fried, but they turned out so scrumptious and flavorful.
And you don’t need to deal with a big vat of oil – that’s a win in my book!
- 2 lbs chicken wings, pat dry with paper towels
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Blue cheese dressing, celery and carrot sticks, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Arrange wings in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes until they are cooked through and golden brown, flipping half way through.
- Meanwhile whisk together melted butter, hot sauce, sugar, and salt to taste in a mixing bowl. Toss cooked wings with buffalo sauce mixture and serve immediately with blue cheese dressing and celery/carrot sticks.