These juicy, flavorful turkey burgers with smoky chipotle sauce are perfect for summer BBQs.
Happy Memorial Day – hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing long weekend. For me, this holiday weekend officially kicks off those lazy summer days where you heat up the barbecue and just relax with family and friends with all kinds of grilled dishes and icy cold beverages.
Burgers are often considered guilty pleasures but they don’t have to be with all the lighter options available. I swapped in lean ground turkey for ground beef, and can confirm that every bite of this burger is an explosion of flavor!
While I served my burgers on pretzel buns with lettuce, avocado, and cilantro, you can use just about any combination of toppings on your burger.
The chipotle aioli is a must though – it’s one of my favorite elements in this recipe. It’s creamy, garlicky, and the chipotle peppers add a kick of smoky flavor that perfectly complement the spices in the burger patties. You can use it as a sandwich spread, in veggie wraps, as a dipping sauce for fries and so much more!
- 1 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsps fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 4oz can diced green chiles
- ¼ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Canola oil, for cooking
- 4 hamburger buns, for serving
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, avocado slices, fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, whisk together all aioli ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
- Meanwhile, combine ground turkey, green chiles, panko, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix until well blended.
- Form into four 1-inch patties and cook on a grill or non-stick skillet coated with canola oil over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until well done.
- Serve on toasted buns with chipotle aioli and desired toppings. Enjoy!
*Be sure not to overwork the meat mixture, otherwise the burgers will turn out tough.
*Add adobo sauce to the aioli if you like it more spicy.
If you’re looking to lighten up your meals this season, Jennie-O lean ground turkey is a versatile and flavorful option for whatever you’re cooking up this summer. Also, don’t miss the coupon for $0.75 off all Jennie-O Frozen Turkey Butters.
This post is sponsored by Jennie O as part of the Switch Circle program. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this blog!