Breakfast Fajitas combine scrambled eggs and bacon with sauteed peppers, onions, and avocado for a tex-mex flair!
I love cooking with eggs in all kinds of delicious ways, and I also love all kinds of Tex-Mex dishes, so why not switch things up a little and make them breakfast style?
You just can’t go wrong with soft flour tortillas loaded with cheesy scrambled eggs and bacon, sauteed peppers, onions, and topped with avocado slices. Tons of flavor to kick start the day — I’d say this is breakfast done right!
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers (any color), seeded and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- Salsa, hot sauce, chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, onions, and chili powder; season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until vegetables are softened and slightly charred. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a mixing bowl. Add remaining oil to skillet, and cook eggs over medium heat. Stir in cheddar cheese and cook until eggs are just set and cheese melted.
- To assemble, top warm tortillas with scrambled eggs, bell pepper mixture, bacon crumbles, and avocados. Garnish with cilantro and serve with salsa and hot sauce if desired.