Tangy yogurt mixed with classic Moroccan spices serves as the marinade in this flavor packed salmon dish.
I have a few go-to salmon preparations and this one is an easy and probably the most flavorful one. This roasted salmon dish is the perfect light and healthy dinner option that’s packed with a blend of flavorful spices. Served with quinoa salad or rice pilaf, it’s easy enough for a weeknight dinner and elegant enough to impress your dinner guests.
The marinade adds a lot of flavor to salmon filet, and it works incredibly well on chicken breasts and thighs too.
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsps paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 6oz skinless center-cut salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into a large resealable plastic bag with salmon fillets and turn to coat with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, up to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Remove salmon from the marinade, blotting any excess with paper towels. Place salmon on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm with quinoa salad or rice pilaf.