Apple and turkey are sandwiched between melted Cheddar cheese for a delicious twist on regular grilled cheese.
Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese Month? What’s not to love about hot, gooey cheese oozing between two toasted bread slices, am I right? I’m a big fan of the good ol’ grilled cheese, but there is always room to give it a fun spin!
I slathered apple butter and Dijon mustard on mine, then piled on smoked turkey slices, tart apple slices, and sharp cheddar cheese. Then just toast in a sandwich press or skillet until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted inside. I just love this savory, sweet, and tart flavor combination!
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsps apple butter
- 1 medium green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 oz smoked turkey slices
- 4 sharp Cheddar cheese slices
- Unsalted butter, for cooking
- Spread one side of the bread slices with Dijon mustard and apple butter. Layer sliced apple, turkey, and cheese, then top with remaining bread slices.
- Lightly butter the outsides of the sandwiches and cook in sandwich press or skillet over medium heat (about 2 minutes on each side) until the bread is golden brown and toasted.