A flavorful twist spin on carrot raisin salad with lots of crunch!
I’m a big fan of crunchy salads – this carrot and chickpea salad fits the bill and is perfect for a quick lunch or side dish!
I typically have all the dressing ingredients on hand and if I’m in the mood for something flavorful and filing with a bit of crunch, this salad gets made. I love adding a pinch of cayenne pepper for burst of heat, but you can certainly leave out if you don’t like things too spicy.
- 2 tbsps tahini
- 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 14 oz-can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tbsps toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsps fresh parsley, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together tahini, apple cider vinegar, honey, curry powder, and cayenne pepper if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in shredded carrots, cucumber, chickpeas, raisins, pumpkin seeds, and parsley, and toss until the dressing is well distributed. Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.