This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #SilkSipToSpoon #CollectiveBias
Loaded with lots of crunchy almonds and chewy dried blueberries, this easy to make breakfast is perfect with your morning coffee or tea!
When the weekend rolls around, I tend to have a few more minutes to spare in the morning, which allows for some yummy fresh baked breakfast treats. The results are these delicious, hearty Almond Blueberry Oatmeal Bars! Baked oatmeal really is a fantastic way to have a quick, grab-and-go breakfast waiting for you. And these bars are just a hybrid of oatmeal and granola, loaded with crunchy almonds, oats, and chewy dried blueberries.
They’re easy to make too – it literally took me ten minutes to put together. These bars are freezer-friendly, so I like to make a big batch and wrap them individually. That way I can just grab a bar anytime and reheat for a quick snack.
I like to serve these oatmeal bars in a bowl with a bit of milk warmed up in the microwave for breakfast. It’s perfect with a fresh cup of coffee or tea, and is something great to have on hand for an afternoon snack.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- ¼ cup Silk® Vanilla Almond Creamer
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and creamer. Add oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, almonds, blueberries, and mix until well blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until mixture is set firmly and edges just begin to brown. Cool completely then cut into bars or triangles. Serve warm or at room temperature.
To give the oatmeal bars an extra layer of nutty flavor, I used Silk® Vanilla Almond Creamer which can be found at Walmart. The creamers come in three flavors (Vanilla, Caramel, and Hazelnut) and are perfect as an everyday creamer to perk up your daily cup of coffee. I like the hint of vanilla and subtle sweetness in Silk Vanilla Almond, plus, it’s totally dairy-free with no cholesterol or saturated fat.
I hope you’ll try these soon for breakfast or snack!