This Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry simmered in aromatic spices and coconut milk makes for a flavorful, delicious weeknight dinner.
I am currently all about 30-minutes or less meals that pack a ton of flavor. And I’m loving this Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry! It’s healthy, made with simple ingredients, and it’s E-A-S-Y!
This dish is perfect served on its own, served over fluffy rice or quinoa. It’s even better the second day meaning you’ve got lunch without any extra work.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps yellow curry paste
- 1 14oz-can coconut milk
- 1 cup water, more if needed
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 2 15oz-cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rice and naan bread, for serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent. Add garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk, water, cauliflower, and chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer covered on low for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. The sauce should be thickened - add more water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rice and naan bread if desired.