This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Fun, pull apart bread stuffed with melted cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese with pickled jalapeños for a spicy kick!
When football playoff season kicks in, I start thinking about the big game and the delicious foods to serve alongside. It is such a tempting time to sit around with friends and eat all sorts of delicious game day foods. Barbecue wings, queso dips, and chips and salsa are probably the classic game day menu items, but how about something different to wow your game day friends?
Let’s make Jalapeños Cheese Pull Apart Bread today! Not only is it fun to eat, it’s so easy to make too.
It’s as easy as stuffing shredded cheese into a round loaf of crusty bread that has been cut into cubes. You can assemble the bread in advance, wrap it in aluminum foil, and then pop it in the oven on game day.
There you have it, a big loaf of crispy, chewy bread, with perfectly melted cheese and spicy jalapeños oozing out. I’ve to warn you though, it’s really hard to resist pulling off these cheesy bites after cheesy bites!
I used La Morena pickled jalapeño peppers to incorporate an authentic and traditional Mexican taste to this pull apart bread. I like to add it to tacos and quesadillas for some heat too – in fact, the taquerias we went to while in Mexico served these pickled peppers on the side. I chopped up two whole jalapeños however you can use more or less depending on how spicy you like it.
What is your favorite Football Sunday snack? I hope you give this Jalapeños Cheese Pull Apart Bread a try at your next game day event!
- 1 round loaf country or sourdough bread
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 pickled jalapeños (more or less to taste), chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, slice the bread horizontally and vertically into 1-inch cubes without cutting all the way through.
- Combine cheeses, jalapeños, and green onion in a small bowl. Stuff cheese mixture into the cuts of the bread.
- Wrap the bread tightly in aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover the top and bake for another 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the top of the loaf is crispy. Serve warm.