This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PairsWellWithHolidays #CollectiveBias
These light, crispy salami cheese twists are so easy to make right at home and are perfect for entertaining especially during the holidays.
As hard as it is for me to believe, Thanksgiving is behind us and Christmas is fast approaching. And a new year is not far behind either! For me, that means I have plenty of opportunities to find new recipes to share with my friends and family over the course of the holiday season, and these Salami Parmesan Cheese Twists are a perfect example.
Whether you are planning a casual get together or an elegant cocktail party, the biggest challenge is to come up with something that is both crowd pleasing and easy to prepare. These savory cheese twists deserve a spot on the appetizer menu of any festive occasion that’s for sure. They’re just scrumptious and absolutely perfect for sharing with a group of friends and family at holiday gatherings over a glass or two of wine.
Fortunately, these twists are so easy to prepare right in your own home with only THREE ingredients: puff pastry, salami, and Parmesan cheese.
All you have to do is roll out storebought puff pastry, sprinkle cheese and salami pieces on top, then fold over and cut into strips to be twisted and baked until golden brown.
Charcuterie is great for any occasion. I love to bring salami to picnics on warmer months with a cold beer just as much as I love snacking on these savory slices on a movie night at home.
For this recipe, I used Creminelli Barolo Salami which I picked up at Whole Foods. If you prefer a spicy kick, the flavorful Piccante would be a great choice. They’re delicious as is, and when you bake them into cheese twists, the intense savory aroma coming from your oven is unbelievable.
I hope you get to enjoy these savory twists soon!
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- ⅓ cup salami, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry sheet and roll into a 14x10” rectangle.
- Sprinkle with salami and cheese, then roll gently with a rolling pin to help them stick to the dough. Fold over in half lengthwise and cut the dough into ½” strips. Twist each strip and place on prepared baking sheet at least 1” apart, pressing down the ends.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese twists are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes before serving.