This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #PurelySimple #CollectiveBias
These spiced pumpkin cupcakes are filled with caramel and topped with fluffy whipped mascarpone frosting to make them extra scrumptious!
How are you enjoying Fall so far? Aside from the beautiful colorful foliage, we have been experiencing rather mild weather, and the best part is that I still haven’t had to switch to my winter jackets this time of the year. But that doesn’t stop me from enjoying all things pumpkin!
I stock up on pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice blend as soon as they hit the shelves in grocery stores each year because I just love that flavor. Add caramel into the mix and you get an even more decadent seasonal flavorful combination. These pumpkin cupcakes are so moist, tender, and full of fall spices. And of course, they are filled with caramel and topped with light and fluffy mascarpone frosting to make them extra delicious.
Enjoy these scrumptious cupcakes with a cup of hot coffee or tea, or stick in lunch boxes for an afternoon treat (except that I ate it after breakfast) :)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 (18.25 oz) package white cake mix
- 1 ½ tsps pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ cup storebought or homemade caramel sauce
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 24 muffin tins with paper baking cups or coat with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and water. Whisk in cake mix and pumpkin spice and mix until moistened.
- Fill muffin tins about ¾ full. Bake for 18 to 23 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using melon baller, scoop out center of each cupcake and fill with one tablespoon of caramel.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk together mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add heavy cream and mix until it is completely incorporated. Mix on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread cupcakes with frosting and drizzle caramel sauce on top, if desired.
I used Pillsbury Purely Simple white cake mix as the base for the cake batter, which made these pumpkin cupcakes so easy to put together! I especially like that fact that these mixes contain no colors, preservatives, or artificial flavors. You can find these Purely Simple mixes at your local Kroger.
I hope you get to enjoy these cupcakes soon!