This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #InsideOutMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Pizza Roll with classic pizza toppings like pepperoni, olives, and lots of mozzarella cheese tucked inside!
Movies are most fun when you have company to enjoy them with, and a movie night at home with your family or friends can be a success with a bit of planning and preparation. What movie night wouldn’t be better with a movie everyone has agreed on as well as fun, delicious snacks to munch on?
I made this Inside-Out Pepperoni Pizza Roll inspired by the Disney movie Inside Out. I wanted to make an inside-out snack and this pizza roll is so fitting for any hungry crew on a movie night! This pizza roll is basically pizza shaped into a log with fillings – instead of toppings – like pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and olives tucked inside. It’s crispy on the outside, hot in the middle, and overall a less messy way to enjoy pizza.
You can even stuff it with sausage, peppers, and mushroom slices, or make them into smaller, individual pizza rolls. So many options here!
Here’s how you make it…
Start by rolling out a pound of pizza dough into a large rectangle (don’t worry if it’s not perfect) on a lightly floured surface. I’ve shared my favorite pizza dough recipe below but feel free to use storebought pizza dough if you prefer.
Next, spread a layer of marinara sauce on the dough leaving an inch border from the edges. From here I added pepperoni slices, black olives, and cheese.
Pinch the edges together, like this…
Then place it seam side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut diagonal slits across the top to allow steam to vent. Brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley and oregano, and let it bake until golden brown.
- 1 (1/4 oz) package active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1¼ cups warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ½ to 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- ¾ cup marinara sauce, more for serving
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup black olives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- To make pizza dough, combine yeast, sugar, and warm water in a large bowl and set aside until foamy, about 10 minutes. Add salt, flour, and olive oil, and stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place the dough into a greased bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm, draft-free place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour. Punch down and gently knead few times before using.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a large rectangle. Spread a layer of marinara sauce over pizza dough leaving a one-inch border from the edges.
- Sprinkle cheese, pepperoni slices, and olives over dough. Fold dough over and pinch edges together to seal. Transfer the roll to the prepared baking sheet, placing it seam side down.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with dried oregano. With a parking knife, cut diagonal slits across the top to allow steam to vent.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Let cool slightly before slicing into individual sections to serve. Serve with extra marinara sauce on the side for dipping if desired.
You can find the pizza roll ingredients from Market Pantry at your local Target store, as well as the movie for your movie night. What’s even better is that when you purchase the Inside Out DVD/Blu-Ray at Target, you receive 20 minutes of exclusive bonus content and deleted scenes. It’s the perfect one-stop shop for all your movie night needs!