This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #PotPiePlease #CollectiveBias
This light and refreshing salad adds a pop of color and freshness to your family dinners!
Fall is upon us and this week we’re really feeling the changes here – crispness in the air, colorful Fall foliage, and store displays everywhere have some form of Fall holiday theme going. And you’ve probably started to notice lots of seasonal festivities start to pop up on social media — we’ve got Halloween just right around the corner with Thanksgiving to follow.
I absolutely love this time of year and even more so, I love holiday entertaining! Today I am sharing my Fall Harvest Salad which adds a pop of color and freshness and pairs so well with warm, comforting foods like casseroles, stews, and pot pies.
When I was thinking about a dish to pair with chicken pot pie for a family-friendly meal, I immediately thought of this seasonal salad. It has an awesome mix of flavor and texture, with crunchy apples, juicy pomegranate seeds, nutty toasted pecans, and creamy goat cheese. It’s dressed with delicious maple vinaigrette that you can whip up in on time!
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5-oz mixed salad greens
- 2 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup toasted pecan halves
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange salad greens, apples, pomegranate seeds, and toasted pecans on a platter, drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese over the salad and serve immediately.
I paired my Fall Harvest Salad with Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie which is essentially comfort in a golden, flaky crust – it’s a warm, wholesome, family-friendly meal on its own. Head over to Walmart to pick up some as well as other great flavors like Beef and Mushroom Chicken Pot Pies for stress-free holiday entertaining.