This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
Enjoy the delicious flavors of homemade lasagna in this quick, easy, and comforting soup the whole family will love!
This past weekend, I was helping my sister prepare some freezer-friendly meals for her friend who is a new mom. Soup instantly came to mind, because it can easily be reheated and it’s just the type of one-bowl comfort food people are craving this time of the year.
If you’re looking for a bowl of something warm to serve on a cool Fall evening, this delicious 30-Minute Lasagna Soup is just what you need. What I like about this soup is that it is hearty, satisfying, and full of flavor — it really does taste like lasagna! I used lean ground beef, but feel free to substitute with ground turkey if you prefer a lighter soup.
This soup is easy to make too! Instead of cooking the pasta separately, you add broken pieces of lasagna noodles (about one inch pieces) to the soup and cook until tender, then top with ricotta and mozzarella cheese, and you’ve got a big pot of soup ready to enjoy in no time. It was so good, I had it for dinner and then again for lunch.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, more or less depending on your preference
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low sodium beef or chicken broth
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into small pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Shredded mozzarella, for serving
- Fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- In a Dutch oven or large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook ground beef until browned. Drain excess grease.
- Add onions and cook until fragrant and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and tomato paste, and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in diced tomatoes and beef broth and bring to a boil.
- When the soup comes to a boil, add in broken lasagna noodles and reduce heat to medium. Cook until the lasagna noodles are tender and the soup is thickened, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, ladle soup into bowls, then top with ricotta cheese and shredded mozzarella. Garnish with basil leaves if desired.
I love the flavor of roasted tomatoes, so for this recipe I used two cans of Hunt’s Fire Roasted Garlic Diced Tomatoes and a scoop of Hunt’s Tomato Paste, both of which can be found in the tomato sauce section of Walmart. Sometimes I use Petite Diced Tomatoes which I always have on hand for creating easy and delicious dinner recipes– I use them in so many dishes like chilis and pastas.
Like most soups it can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to reheat. Feeding lots of people? Double or triple the recipe below and serve with a big salad and fresh bread for the perfect dinner.
Be sure to check out this page for more delicious meal ideas. What are your favorite comfort foods?