Burger patties with your favorite toppings in a salad form!
On days when I don’t feel like cooking an elaborate dinner, I turn to entree salads and one pot dishes. One of the dishes that I make over and over again, with some variations, is this fresh and delicious burger salad piled high with salad greens and my favorite burger toppings like tomatoes, avocado, and blue cheese.
To go with the salad, I made a sun dried tomato buttermilk dressing that is tangy, creamy, and just helps each ingredient in this salad really pop.
I love this salad for lunch or dinner! Feel free to customize this dish to your liking, perhaps adding some sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions, or sunny-side up egg on top — the possibilities are endless.
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 oz salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded and sliced
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- Combine ingredients for dressing in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. If the dressing is too thick, add water one teaspoon at a time until the right consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Gently form mixture into four equally-sized patties.
- In a grill or skillet over high heat, cook burger patties for about four minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- Serve burger patties on a bed of salad greens with tomatoes, avocado, blue cheese, and the sun dried tomato buttermilk dressing.
*Mayonnaise can be substituted with regular or Greek yogurt.