These Sun Dried Tomato Basil Burgers deliver fresh, classic Italian flavors to an American favorite.
I know I’m a bit late to the game, but I decided it was time to start a little herb garden on our balcony just two weeks ago. I’m keeping it simple with basil, cilantro, and spring onions, which I use often in recipes, and have been watering them diligently. They seem to be thriving so far, but we’ll see how my green thumb fares in few weeks :)
In the meantime, I’ve been happily plucking away at my basil plants to make these Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Burgers!
The combination of sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil make for a flavorful, juicy burger. If you want some cheese on yours, melt some mozzarella over the patties to capture the delicious flavors of a caprese salad.
The burgers are fantastic with some homemade sweet potato fries, if you ask me!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sun dried tomatoes, basil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat grill or pan under high heat.
- Gently form mixture into four equally-sized patties and cook for about four minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- Serve on toasted buns with desired condiments and/or burger toppings.