Greek chickpea salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion is on the menu today! This salad makes a great side dish to grilled meats.
Today I am sharing a salad that’s just as colorful as it is healthy. Fresh tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and chickpeas are tossed in a light lemon dressing. Add some fresh parsley and you’ve got yourself a refreshing, simple side dish for Greek nights!
It’s fresh, flavorful, and zesty, with a nice crunch that pairs well with your favorites from the grill.
I love to serve this salad with grilled chicken or spiced lamb kefta for an easy Mediterranean-inspired meal perfect for weeknights or weekend entertaining. I ate the leftovers for lunch the next day with a little crumbled feta cheese on top and it was delicious!
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, and oregano.
- Add chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, and onion to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow the salad to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.