Greek Burgers complete with whipped feta spread will bring a little Mediterranean to your kitchen.
When I think of summer, I think of fresh ingredients and bright flavors, like Greek salads loaded with tomatoes and cucumber, tossed with lemon vinaigrette and topped with crumbled feta cheese. While that refreshing flavor combination is amazing, it gets even better when you turn it into a burger form!
We do burgers night here almost every other week and I get excited about the toppings and seasonings just as much as the meat itself. Today, I’ve got something new for you to add to your burger so that you can skip the traditional ketchup and mustard: whipped feta spread!
Flavorful, succulent burger patties sitting on top of lightly toasted buns with crunchy red onion, cooling cucumber and tomato, then topped off with a generous dollop of whipped feta — I’m pretty sure this will be making frequent appearances on our table from now on. I love the salty and tangy flavor of feta cheese as is, but when whipped into a spread with cream cheese, it’s just delicious – light, creamy, and spreadable! You can even use it as a veggie dip or in sandwiches.
I used the original Nikos Feta as the base for this anything-but-ordinary burger spread, but feel free to flavor it with Nikos Mediterranean, Tomato Basil, or Peppercorn Feta. Just make sure you make enough, because your guests will be coming back for seconds and even thirds!
For more amazing recipes using feta cheese, hop over to Nikos Feta and browse the recipe collection. Plus, follow the brand on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for more serving suggestions, latest promotions, and new items.
Nikos Feta is hosting a giveaway this June/July and will be sending one lucky winner and their guest on a trip to Honolulu, Hawaii to experience the 2015 Hawaii Food & Wine Festival! To enter, visit the brand’s website or Facebook page between June 1 to July 31. That’s it!
- 6 oz crumbled feta, at room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp heavy cream, more if needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 burger buns, lightly toasted
- Toppings: red onion slices, tomato, cucumber
- Place feta and cream cheese in a food processor and pulse until the cheeses are mixed. Add garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and heavy cream, and process until completely smooth, adding more heavy cream if necessary to achieve desired consistency. Keep refrigerated until ready for serving.
- Meanwhile, combine ground beef, shallots, garlic, parsley, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper in a large bowl until well mixed. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill or pan fry the patties over medium-high heat for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until they are cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Serve on burger buns with toppings and whipped feta spread. Enjoy!