These quick and easy cinnamon sugar knots made from crescent roll dough are perfect for serving with your morning coffee or tea.
Do you remember the Slow Cooker Beer-Braised Beef Tacos I made using Hamilton Beach’s Slow Cooker last year? Today I’m excited to team up with Hamilton Beach again to share with you guys the amazing capabilities of this 2-Way FlexBrew Coffeemaker. More importantly, you’ll have a chance to test it out for yourself (the coffeemaker is available at Wal-Mart too)!
Combining a single-serve machine with a classic 12-cup coffee maker, this machine allows you to brew a big carafe of coffee for those weekend mornings when you have time to sip on cup after cup, or brew a single cup of coffee directly into a grab-and-go thermos on a busy weekday morning.
It’s actually the perfect machine for entertaining because you can brew a fresh 12-cup pot when you have friends over for brunch, and for those who are tea drinkers, you can make individual cups of teas using k-cups on the side!
Simply insert a pre-packaged, single-serve pack (k-cup) or make your own with preferred ground coffee using the pack holder that comes with the coffee maker. Push the lever down – and that’s it!
The instruction cards are also easy to understand. There’s even a hotline for those who need help with the machine :)
I love that it comes with settings for regular and bold brews, and an automatic pause-and-serve feature allows you to start pouring before the full pot has brewed. It literally took a switch of the knob and the press of a button to make an individual cup instead of a whole pot, that’s how easy it was.
Now the only thing that can possibly make your brew experience better is some freshly baked Cinnamon Sugar Twisted Knots to go with your steaming cups of coffee in my opinion! :) These cinnamon knots are a MINI version of the classic cinnamon roll, but in a two-bite, portable size. Plus, with the help of storebought crescent dough, they are super quick and easy to make.
Though I love these warm straight from the oven, they taste delicious at room temperature. They’ve got that plump, cinnamon-swirl, icing-drizzled effect — the perfect way to start the day.
Aren’t they the cutest?
- 8 oz can crescent roll dough
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Flour, for dusting
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Lay the dough on a lightly floured surface and pinch the seams together. Roll into a rectangle 16” in length (or two 8" squares if it is easier to handle) and ¼” thick. Spread butter from edge to edge and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the butter.
- Fold the dough over lengthwise and cut into 16 strips. Twist each strip once and tie into a knot, tucking the ends underneath. Sprinkle extra filling, if any, on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together confectioner's sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Add milk gradually, one teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over slightly cooled knots.
Anyway…back to the coffeemaker. Hamilton Beach is giving away one so that YOU can try it out for yourself. Just enter the giveaway in the Rafflecopter app below. The giveaway ends on Tuesday, April 29, 2015 at 12:00AM EST. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is sponsored by Hamilton Beach. While I received products for review, all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this blog!