These burgers are juicy, tender, and bursting with the fresh and bold flavors of Sriracha, lime, and cilantro.
Do you know what I look forward to every so often? Burger night! When we make them at home, we go all out when it comes to burger toppings: avocado slices, crispy bacon crumbles, roasted smoky hatch chiles, cheddar cheese, American cheese, and sometimes even goat cheese. James also likes to put Sriracha on his burgers, which gave me the idea of making a spicy, zesty Sriracha burger sauce to top these chicken burgers.
Ground chicken is seasoned with garlic, cilantro, and Sriracha, and mixed with panko and egg white to bind everything together. The patties can be cooked indoor on a griddle or outdoor on a grill if you’re lucky enough to be blessed with warm temperatures right now. :)
For this burger, you can use ground chicken, or turkey if you’re looking to switch it up for a leaner alternative. They are lightened up in fat and calories, but definitely not in terms of flavor. The patties can be made ahead of time if need be, just make sure they sit at room temperature for 10 minutes or so before cooking.
Let’s not forget the sauce. I’m not the biggest fan of mayonnaise, but I make exceptions when it comes to burger sauce. I add enough Sriracha to give it some heat, but if you’re worried about the sauce being too spicy, just err on the safe side and add the hot sauce a teaspoon at a time.
I like to serve these burgers with a salad on the side or some sweet potato fries. I’ll be posting my recipe for crispy sweet potato fries (that is baked, not fried) later this week so stay tuned!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Zest of a lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1lb ground chicken
- ½ cup panko or regular breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, lime juice, and lime zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, panko, egg white, garlic, cilantro, Sriracha, and salt. Mix until just combined and shape into four patties.
- Cook in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes a side, or until done.
- Place cooked patties on toasted buns then top with sauce and desired burger toppings.