This time of the year, I want to stuff myself with as many calorie-laden, heartwarming dishes as I possibly can. Gooey baked pasta dishes oozing with cheeses. Thick cuts of juicy steak with red wine sauce. Mashed potatoes with tons of butter and cream. Just writing about them makes my willpower shrivel.
I’ve been craving for a lobster salad, which is difficult to justify with our New Year health resolutions just in place. So, when Chobani sent me a case of Greek yogurt to try, I decided to create a lightened-up version of lobster salad. I whipped up a tangy dressing with Chobani Plain 0%, which goes perfectly with the succulent lobster pieces, creamy avocado, and crunchy bits of corn kernels!
Greek yogurt is a healthy alternative to sour cream and mayonnaise, which makes it an excellent base for creamy salad dressings. This salad is wholesome, fresh, healthy, and I promise you won’t miss the fat and calories a bit!
Try serving this on a bed of salad greens, on endive leaves as a hors d’oeuvres, or in a hoagie as a lobster roll. They are good either way!
What are your plans for the weekend? I’ll be attending a CLE course this weekend (ugh…), but I’m plotting to sneak out during lunch breaks to pick up some specialty ingredients and maybe even a yummy lunch. The boyfriend will be hosting a Hawaiian-themed party for applicants to his hospital’s residency program, so I’ll be helping him make some appropriately-themed finger foods. I hear that an inflatable palm tree and umbrella drinks are in the works too!
Hope you have a great weekend!
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt (fat-free or regular)
- ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 small lobster tails, cooked, chilled, and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 cup blanched corn kernels
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bibb lettuce leaves or salad mix
- In a bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Fold in lobster meat, avocado, and corn, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve.
- Arrange salad over lettuce leaves or salad mix and serve cold.