Crispy sweet and savory thick cut bacon in skewers make for an indulgent treat. Great for topping pancakes and french toasts too!
I think it’s no secret that I’m a bacon aficionado. I love to create new and interesting recipes that involve bacon, so I was really thrilled when Des Moines Bacon Company offered to send me their products to try! I tested a few recipes with them and was quite pleased with the results, especially in this candied bacon recipe I am sharing with you today.
- ½ cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 12 thick-cut chipotle smoked bacon slices
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a baking rack on top (I just used a disposable aluminum foil tray with ridges for easy clean up).
- In a shallow dish, mix sugar, cinnamon, and black pepper. Dip bacon slices in the sugar mixture, coating both sides, and thread each strip of bacon onto a wooden skewer. Place the bacon skewers on the rack.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the bacon appears to be caramelized and crispy. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*Giveaway is now over. Thanks for entering!*