Happy Friday — I hope you’ve had a lovely week! Christmas is less than a week away, and I have a holiday party to attend this weekend, so I am faced with the eternal question: what to bring to a holilday potluck dinner? I am leaning towards something savory, but sweet things seem to be crowd-pleasers around the holidays. Perhaps these cheesecake cups I have for you today?
Mini canning jars are not just for jams and jellies anymore! I introduce to you: No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Cups. Simple dessert idea? Check. Delicious? Double Check!
Graham crackers are processed with butter and a touch of sugar to form the crispy crust of these individual-sized desserts, topped with a fluffy no-bake cheesecake filling and a light berry layer.
Sweet and decadent, with a bit of fresh fruits mixed in to make it seem a little bit less sinful, this is my ideal dessert. Also perfect for the holidays too! Make-ahead then take a batch to a party, or serve them on a festive platter for dessert on New Year’s Eve.
The fresh, juicy strawberries are totally the icing on the (cheese)cake, especially this time of the year when pumpkins, pecans, and chocolate reign supreme. I haven’t had strawberries in months and after taking a bite, I thought “whoaaaa…I miss that taste!” Granted, strawberries are not in season this time of the year, but a sprinkle of sugar helps sweeten them up. If you can’t get your hands on any, then feel free to use a dollop of strawberry preserves on top.
Your sweet tooth will definitely be satisfied!
This has been a busy week and I’m ready to kick back and relax this weekend. Now it’s time for some of my favorite TV shows and a snooze, in that order. Hope you are having a great evening!
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- For the crust:
- ⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs, finely ground
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a bowl and place in refrigerator until ready for use.
- In a bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter. Add the crumbs to the bottom of 4 small jars or ramekins, and press down to create the crust.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and lemon zest until smooth and fluffy. Whip cream, and fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon cheesecake mixture in prepared ramekins or jars and top with strawberries.
- Keep refrigerated until ready for serving.